As a safety precaution - David Duong is not taking questions in-person regarding our UofT Engineering graduate programs. If you have any questions please contact David Duong by email or phone (416 978 1713). Thank you for your understanding.
Summer 2020 Courses:
All summer courses offered will be online only. Course enrollment for APS Graduate Courses will begin on April 9th, 2020
Emphasis for Master of Engineering (MEng) Students
Engineering practice today demands a breadth of skills: not only technical, but also an understanding of leadership, finance and business, management, entrepreneurship and innovation. Engineers often appreciate the importance of such skills only after they join the workforce.
The Emphasis in ELITE offers University of Toronto MEng students a broad range of courses in these topics. The first of its kind in Canada, the ELITE Emphasis is targeted at engineers seeking to develop a more well-rounded skill set. To earn the Emphasis in ELITE, MEng students must complete at least four of the courses listed below from any of the four categories. The four courses do not have to be from a single category and can be from any of the four. The Emphasis can be integrated into MEng programs offered by any of seven departments in the Faculty (Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical & Computer, Mechanical & Industrial, and Materials Science).
As best we can, ELITE courses are scheduled with working professionals in mind. We offer a mix of daytime, evening and Saturday morning courses in each of the fall, winter, and summer sessions. The format of the courses varies: some are taught once a week for 12 weeks. A few are taught online. Others, especially in the summer, are taught on a 2-week intensive basis.
The table below lists the ELITE course schedule for the coming year, as we know it today, and is subject to change. Students are encouraged to check regularly for updated information.
Students who complete the requirements of the Emphasis in ELITE will be able to have their ELITE Emphasis be noted on their transcript. This notation will only appear once you receive your degree and graduate.
To confirm completion of the ELITE Emphasis at the end of your studies, please contact email@example.com with your student name and number, at least 2 weeks before your graduation date.
- Course enrollment date for ELITE courses: August 1, 2019
- The Fall 2019 term runs from September 9 - December 13, 2019*.
- The Winter 2020 term runs from January 6 - April 6, 2019*.
- *It is possible a course may run before these dates above or end beyond the dates - please check with course instructor, syllabus or the ELITE course schedule.
- The SUMMER 2020 term runs from May 1 - August 31, 2020. Enrollment opens April 9, 2020. ALL SUMMER COURSES OFFERED WILL BE ONLINE ONLY. Please note for the Summer session, the last day to add and drop courses depends on each individual course (information to follow in the "Admin Info" section for each course).
- ELITE Course information can be found by clicking on the links below.
- For course related questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all other student inquiries, (registration, grades, and other administrative questions), please contact the Graduate Studies office in your home department.
- Some courses may satisfy the requirements of multiple certificates, (also called "emphases"). Students may double-count a maximum of one course towards the requirements of any two emphases.
FASE/CMC-Canada Academic Partnership :
Graduate students may use APS1049H: Management Consulting for Engineers, APS1001H: Project Management and APS1013: Applying Innovation in Engineering to count towards the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation.
Note that the CMC designation requires completing other course(s) offered by CMC-Canada, as well as some practical work experience.
Please contact CMC-Canada for more information about earning the CMC designation.
MEng students can sign-up for a free student membership! Register here. Please note your information will be shared with CMC-Canada for registration.
View our current employment opportunities.