More than 30% of engineering graduate students at U of T come from outside of Canada. International students are drawn to U of T Engineering for its global reputation for excellence and innovation, exceptional and diverse community and location in the exciting city of Toronto.
The application process as an international student is the same as it is for a Canadian student. For some departments, international students have a different application deadline than domestic students. Depending on where you attended school for your undergraduate studies, you may need to meet the University’s English facility requirements.
Additional Information and Resources for International Students
- Information about Scholarships and Fellowships for international graduate students
- Mexican citizens interested in pursuing a PhD may be eligible to apply for the The National Council for Science and Technology/The Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia (CONACYT). and Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS)
- Information about Postdoctoral Fellowships
- University resources for international students
- Information about International Visiting Graduate Students
Please note, the scholarships and fellowships outlined above usually require — prior to applying — identifying a faculty member and a department (or institute) willing to accept the candidate.