How to Apply
- Ensure you meet the minimum admission requirements for your desired degree, including English proficiency. U of T Engineering offers a wide range of graduate-level degrees, including Master of Engineering, Master of Applied Science, PhD and several collaborative programs. Please note, each department has their own admission requirements (e.g., minimum GPAs vary between departments).
- Complete the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) Online Application. Your SGS application is required to complete the application process at the departmental level. The SGS application fee is $125 CDN and payment can be made online using Visa or Mastercard. Before completing the application, review all the steps of the application process within your chosen academic program, and note all relevant deadlines and details.
- Select the department you want to study with, and note relevant deadlines. Admission within U of T Engineering is administered at the departmental level. Use the links below to explore the admission process for each of our academic units and degree types. Please note, some departments have their own forms that must be completed as part of the application process.
- Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry (ChemE)
- Department of Civil & Mineral Engineering (CivMin)
- Department of Materials Science & Engineering (MSE)
- Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering (MIE)
- The Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE)
- University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies (UTIAS)
- Institute of Biomedical Engineering (BME)
Each department has their own application deadlines. For MASc and PhD applicants, many departments recommend contacting potential supervisors prior to applying. Please visit the website of your department of interest for the most current information on application process and deadlines.
|Department||Degree||Application Deadline (for a September 2024 start)|
|Aerospace Engineering||MEng||Apply by Mar 1|
|MASc/PhD||Apply by Jan 17|
|Biomedical Engineering||MEng||See BME website here.|
|MASc/PhD||See BME website here.|
|Chemical Engineering||MEng||Apply by March 15 (international students) and June 1 (domestic students)|
|MASc/PhD||Apply by Feb 1. We encourage you to contact potential supervisors prior to applying.|
|Civil & Mineral Engineering||MEng||Apply by March 18 (international students) and June 1 (domestic students)|
|MEngCEM||Apply by March 18 (international students) and June 1 (domestic students)|
|MASc/PhD||Apply by February 2. We encourage you to contact potential supervisors prior to applying.|
|Electrical & Computer Engineering||MEng||See ECE website here.|
|MASc/PhD||See ECE website here.|
|Materials Science & Engineering||MEng||Apply by May 1 (international students) and June 1 (domestic students)|
|MASc/PhD||Apply by Feb 1st. We encourage you to contact potential supervisors prior to applying.|
|Mechanical & Industrial Engineering||MEng||Apply by April 1 (international students) and June 1 (domestic students)|
|MASc/PhD||Apply by January 1. We encourage you to contact potential supervisors prior to applying.|
Join our Mailing List!
Sign-up below if you would like to receive information on upcoming engineering graduate studies events and updates!
Questions? David Duong, firstname.lastname@example.org