- September 24, 2020 - Added question, "How will U of T Engineering courses be delivered in the 2021 Winter Term? " in Courses section
- September 9, 2020 - Added question, "Where are students permitted to eat on campus?" in General Section
- August 31, 2020 - Added question, "How do I enter Canada as an international student?" in International Students Section; Added, "How will my Post-Graduation Work Permit be impacted if I am a new student beginning my program online?" in International Students Section
- August 20, 2020 - Added Lab-reopening and TA concerns FAQ see Graduate Research Students Section
- July 14, 2020 - Added 2 FAQ responses to address some of the challenges of remote learning in Courses Section (formerly Course Enrolment)
- June 26, 2020 - Added guidelines for students returning to research laboratories in Graduate Research Students Section
- June 22, 2020 - Added tuition waiver information in Financial Aid Section
- June 12, 2020 - Updated how to select CR/NCR option for Winter 2020 courses via ACORN in Course Enrolment Section
- also updated form COVID-19 Graduate Students/Postdoctoral Fellows Declaration: Conducting Research On-Campus or at Off-Campus Research Site in Graduate Research students section, now called the acknowledgement form
- June 10, 2020 - Updated form for COVID-19 Graduate Students/Postdoctoral Fellows Declaration: Conducting Research On-Campus or at Off-Campus Research Site in Graduate Research students section
- June 4, 2020 - Added response to "What is the plan for graduate students to return to research sites on and off campus?" to Graduate Research Students section
- June 3, 2020 - Added questions on impact of COVID-19 on Tri-Agency scholarships and fellowships in Graduate Research students section
- June 1, 2020 - Added "Graduates students have the option to substitute the letter grades they received in some of the Winter 2020 courses for a CR/NCR. Are there any disadvantages in doing so?" to Course Enrolment
- May 20, 2020 - Added "When and how will research labs on campus re-open?" to Graduate Research Students; added 2nd letter by SGS Dean below that addresses both MEng and Research students
- May 14, 2020 - Canadian Student Emergency Benefit URL added in Financial Aid
- May 1, 2020 - Additional financial aid and resources from Office of Vice-Provost, Students added to Financial Aid
- April 23, 2020 - 3pm - Added "Is the Canadian Government providing financial support to students?"
- April 14, 2020 - 1:00pm - Added "How can I plan or maintain my academic progress?" under graduate research students section; More resources for Financial Aid added; Added URL to Office of the Vice-Provost, Students FAQ for international students under International Students
The SGS Dean, Joshua Barker also sent a message to graduate students on March 17, 2020, you can view this letter here.
On May 14, 2020, another letter was sent by Dean Barker, you can view this letter here.
Please find frequently asked questions (FAQs) that are specific to graduate students taking courses with U of T Engineering below. This page will be continually updated as more information is available. If your questions are not answered below, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
General | Student Services / St. George Campus | Travel | Exams | Courses | MEng Guide to Working from Home | Graduate Research Students | Funding | Placements, Internships and Other Program Requirements | Summer 2020 Courses | Spring 2020 Convocation | Accessibility | Health | International Students | Financial Aid | Getting Involved with Student Community | Resource List
Student Services / St. George Campus
MEng Guide to Working from Home
Graduate Research Students
Placements, Internships and Other Program Requirements
Summer 2020 Courses
Spring 2020 Convocation
Getting Involved with Student Community
A list of UofT and Community mental health resources and contacts.
My SSP | 1-844-451-9700. Outside of North America, call 001-416-380-6578.
My Student Support Program (MySSP). Culturally-competent 24-hr mental health and counselling services in 146 languages for all U of T students. Chat about school, health, general life concerns for free.
Good2Talk Student Helpline | 1-866-925-5454
Professional counseling, information and referrals helpline for mental health, addictions and student well-being.
Many events/Workshops and services are available online or by phone:
- Events include: Mindful Moments, productivity workshops, de-stress events
- The Centre for International Experience - addressing the needs for International Students
- Graduate Conflict Resolution Centre - Peer-to-peer chats, big or small!
- Academic Success
- Accessibility Services
- And more!
Moving courses to an online format can affect students with accessibility needs. The Accessibility Services team is available via phone or email and is posting updates as they become available.
Canadian Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) - Canadian government financial support for students.
Emergency assistance grants are available for domestic and international students impacted by COVID-19 and who need immediate short-term financial relief because of unexpected expenses.
The Engineering Graduate Student Mental Wellness Commission Facebook Group shares resources, tips, and events (in the future) for UofT engineering grad students.
For most up to date information and resources on COVID-19.
Updated information relevant to the graduate community during the COVID-19 outbreak. Information on academic activities, final oral examinations and more can be found on this site.
A document developed by Faculty of Arts and Science. Information found on their document may be helpful for engineering graduate students as well.